Thrive for mothers BRUNSWICK EAST
Email firstname.lastname@example.org for further info if required.
See more details on my website www.redthread.net.au and find us on instagram @thriveformothers
Thrive is a mothers group with a difference. This group is all about, and for you, and your experience of transitioning into being a mum. Whether this is your first child, or you are adding to your family with more children, we welcome you.
We welcome you to attend with your babies up to approximately 6 months of age. It is a 9 week reflective discussion and mindfulness practice group, a confidential and open sharing space.
Together we will cultivate resilience, learn communication, consent skills and mindfulness tools that will make a positive difference to your daily life.
Mindfulness practice has been proven to:
- increases one's ability to cope with stress, regulate emotions, and attune to others (Shapiro and Carlson 2009)
- increases resilience, self-esteem, compassion, and overall well-being (Astin 1997; Feldman et al. 2007; Kabat-Zinn et al. 1985; Shapiro et al. 1998, 2005, 2007)
CONNECT with others and co-create this intimate container with us. Give yourself the support you deserve as a new mum as we integrate and make meaning out of the very personal and yet universal experience of becoming a mother.
DISCUSSION & MINDFULNESS PRACTICE THEMES:
* Parenting today - intention
* Identity - mindfulness
* Love - compassion
* Relating - integrity
* Creative parenting / mindfulness
* Contentment - letting go
* Sensuality - joy of being
* Family rituals - interconnectedness
* Birth stories - non judgement
YOU WILL RECEIVE:
-Weekly audio meditations
-Weekly email content with bonus materials
-Practical communication tools
-Tools to practice giving and receiving
Jo Watson - midwife, birth, sexuality and consent educator, Thrive facilitator.
- Jotara Watson